Author Topic: Lamp Problems  (Read 998 times)

shamsu

• View Profile
Lamp Problems
« on: May 02, 2015, 10:30:44 AM »
Although it is sometimes called a projector bulb, the part of the projector responsible for emiting light is actually a bulb and housing in one, and is better known as a projector lamp. A projector lamp is more like a car headlight than a regular light bulb. Projector lamps, like air filters, can often be replaced by the owner. Check your owner's manual or call or email our customer service staff for more information.
Q:

My projector seems to be functioning properly but the no light is produced.
A:

Remove the lamp from the projector. Ensure that it has no cracks, discoloration or "smoky" appearance. It may have blown out.
Q:

My lamp looks fine but the projector does not light. I notice a "clicking" sound coming from the projector when I turn it on.
A:

That could be the sound of your lamp ballast attempting to ignite the lamp but is unable. It is recommended that you try removing and reseating the lamp, or to try another lamp.
Q:

I just replaced my lamp but I am still not getting any light from my projector.
A:

Here are a few things to try:

Reset your lamp timer. Most projectors have no way of knowing if you physically have replaced your lamp. They rely on the user resetting the lamp timer.
    Pull the lamp back out of the unit, give is a brisk shake and reseat the lamp. Occasionally there is some buildup on the lamp contacts or filament during manufacturing.

Q:

I was watching a movie last night and I heard a loud pop! After inspecting my projector, it seems my lamp has shattered. There is glass inside of the projector itself, what should I do?
A:

It is not entirely uncommon for lamps to fail prematurely in an abrupt manner. This is commonly due to a weakness in the glass, caused during manufacturing, and would typically cause the lamp to explode within the first few uses. It is recommended that you place your projector on some newspaper or paper towels on your table or workbench. Carefully remove the lamp housing and place it in a small box or sturdy paper bag. Flip the projector right side up and gently shake it from side to side over the paper towels or newspaper to get all the small glass fragments out. One or two small pieces left in the projector usually will not cause any future problems. If your lamp has failed in this manner, it may be covered under a lamp warranty with the manufacturer. At your earliest convenience, call the customer service group at Projector People to verify if a warranty exchange is available.
Q:

My projector seems to be working properly, and I can even hear my fan running, but the lamp does not seem to illuminate. Do I need to replace my lamp?
A:

There are a number of reasons why a projector will not ignite a lamp even if the lamp is still 'good'. Here are a few things to check:

JoshuaHoks

Lamp Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 05:10:18 AM »
Hi
My Elan Started  Engine check lamp on/off   and  I just  run with EnanSan 20 min
Does any one can  tell me whats it may wrong ? feb9.rar

Sunmi

Re: Lamp Problems
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 10:30:38 AM »
all sales are final and they could not do anything about it. My arixve account shows a positive balance, confirming that I got double charged. Looks like they charged an expired credit card twice.I would strongly suggest not to deal with arixve. It's been a waste of my time. I've noticed my bank of the fraudulent charges.

anything